Lettuce Batavia Green
Batavian Lettuce, also called Summercrisp or French Crisp, is midway between the crisphead and leaf types. These lettuces tend to be larger, bolt-resistant and well-flavoured. Lettuce is an annual plant of the daisy family & is most often grown as a leaf vegetable, used for salads, although it is also seen in other kinds of food, such as soups, sandwiches and wraps. Lettuce was first cultivated by the ancient Egyptians who turned it from a weed whose seeds were used to produce oil, into a food plant grown for its succulent leaves and oil-rich seeds but by the late 20th century the consumption of lettuce had spread throughout the world.
Lettuce Green Oakleaf
True to its name, the individual leaves of Oakleaf lettuce are deeply lobed and shaped like the leaves of Oak trees. While generally grown as a leaf lettuce and picked at baby-leaf stage, Oakleaf lettuces can also be grown for full-size heads. Crisphead types are sometimes known together as "cabbage" lettuce, because their heads are shorter, flatter, and more cabbage-like than romaine lettuces.
Why Choose Choice Organics
The leading specialist Wholesaler and Importer of fresh Organic Fruit,
Organic Vegetables and other Organic Produce
- Professional Quality Control - We pride ourselves on getting you the best quality fresh organic produce.
- Competitive Prices – Our buyers have many decades of experience and the best growers in the industry to choose from.
- Huge Range – We seek out the most complete range of high quality organic produce.
- Full availability – We fulfil all our orders to the maximum physically possible.
- Dedicated Customer Service – We expect to be able to look after your every need.
- Free Delivery – We deliver up to 6 times a week free to Greater London and many areas beyond.
- Expert Advice – From product knowledge to retail management we have the experience to help your business grow.
- Fully Certified Organic – We are fully certified as wholesalers of fresh organic produce by the Soil Association and qualified suppliers to their ‘Food for Life’ scheme for caterers.
- Customer Loyalty – Many of our customers have stayed with us since day one. For example, Tolhurst Organics, who recently sent us this message: “I would like to take this opportunity to thank you and all the staff at Choice Organics for the service that you offer. For more than 3 decades now we have done business with you and I always recommend you to other potential customers. As a business you are excellent to deal with and the fact that you have outlived all your competitors proves that you are getting things right.” Iain Tolhurst
Welcome To Choice Organics
Organic fresh produce delivered to the south-east and beyond
With over 30 years’ experience exclusively in the organic market, Choice Organics sources produce of the highest available quality, utilising longstanding relationships with experienced growers in the UK, Europe and around the world.
Choice Organics delivers directly to London and the south-east, with options to cover the whole of the UK.
We offer customers a fully personalised service, providing help & advice for organic start-ups and support for all types of organic retail, such as shops, restaurants, juicers, box schemes and caterers. We have a 24 hour secure online ordering system and experienced staff available 17 hours a day to look after your needs.
Choice Organics prides itself on providing the best possible quality at competitive prices to its customers, many of whom have been loyal for over 27 years.
Our first customer is still our customer!